Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Would you rather peel a Band-Aid fast or slowly? Just Quit it!




One last cigarette 
I hope you all had a great time last night (NYE)! I just woke up and I realized I slept in my makeup. It's supposed to be really bad for your skin!! Don't judge me! At least I came back home; my brother passed out on the couch at my uncle's house! 

Last night was surprisingly fun. Yes, I did have to spend it with my family, but I was in a very good mood. I told myself I was going to have a great night and I did. 

Confession: I have been making all these New Year's resolutions, but it didn't really hit me until just a few minutes before midnight. I stared at the clock, and I actually doubted myself for a second. Will I be able to accomplish everything I plan on doing? 

After all, I am making major changes in my life... Therefore, I should be excited to see what I am truly capable of doing if I do give it my all

There is no point of waiting any longer. 

Let's peel the bandaid fast and just get it over with. I decided to put a complete stop to smoking cigarettes. I am not going to "slowly" cut down; it's not worth it. I am not going to put it off any longer, because I believe there are more important things I need to focus on, such as my fitness and health, and my ultimate goal of becoming an actress. I always start with the hardest tasks.

Today is Day 1.


January 1st, 2014
          
      I woke up this morning and poured a cup of coffee. I met my mom on the balcony.My mom, my brother and I are accustomed to starting our day together, and we usually sip our coffee and smoke a couple of cigarettes before we head out. It has become such a therapeutic form of bonding. 
This morning wasn't any different. I still sat with her. But, I did not touch a cigarette. YES, it was on my mind! NO, it wasn't easy! I just stared at my pack for so long, that I could've burnt a hole through it. 
So I ended up leaving the room because I needed to distract myself: 
I filmed the rest of the scenes I needed for my videos…

Lesson of the day: Start with the harder tasks first…

I believe that I can do this. I am not sure how many days it's going to take before it gets easier, but follow my blogs and find out :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment