Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolution: Become a Bitch


We each have our story to tell, but this is the story of most of us here.

And I'm referring to normal people entering adulthood. 

        My life is not exposed like that of Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, but it doesn't mean that WE don't change alot around our twenties. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of us here won't be able to twerk our way to success and we definitely don't have the option to 'retire' at 19. 

Here's.My.Story.Real.Quick:
Around the age of 7, I somehow developed a deep passion for the arts of movie production. And I mean the writing, the filming the acting, and so on. My family moved from Lebanon to Florida when I was 14 and I have been fighting for my dreams ever since. And to be honest with you, I am currently looking back at how I just wasted ALL 4 years of college majoring in everything else but this.(FML)

        Why do people like you and me don't have the option to go "find ourselves"? 
Well mostly because we can't afford it but whatever. Was anyone else here pressured into pursuing the economy? 
        I mean my parents believe there are only 3 kinds of people on this planet: A lawyer, a doctor, or an engineer.
        2014 is the year that we will show the world that WE CAN BE THE BEST WE CAN. And becoming a bitch means becoming a STRONG person with a presence of mind. Not those mean-dramatic bitches, because honey, ain't nobody got time for that! 

        I am a good person, and I have done everything I possibly can to make everyone happy, but when it comes to me, I keep attracting the same outcomes with the same results! It's time to stop pointing fingers blaming the world, and it's time to do what makes us happy! This year is our year! 
[There are no membership fees to join this club!]
You only need passion and determination.

Don't try to convince yourself that you don't need this crap, because we will always have room for improvements!  So pause your reading and go get a calendar and a piece of paper. And bring something to write with! 
DO IT!

Write down 'Happiness' as your first goal. And below that main goal, write down what would make you happy! 
Dear girls, 'getting a boyfriend' shouldn't be listed as a goals that would make you happy. Your happiness shouldn't depend on someone else. It's all about loving yourself! 


By order, becoming a bitch is my number one goal. 

Kids, as you get older, you will lose a few friends here and there, and that's only because you learn who your real friends are. (It might also be because your family will decide to move you across the world during your sophomore year and no one will speak your native language!)

But I've been hurt one too many times by the people I mostly trusted!  And If you don't love yourself, you're gonna be in deep s***! 

First of all, let's get one thing straight: We are all BEAUTIFUL, but sadly, most of us don't even know it! If that's your case, let's work on CONFIDENCE this year! So when someone gives you a compliment don't ruin it. Accept it because no one really has to give you a compliment; they choose to do so! And if no one wants to give it to you and I mean a 'compliment', then so what! Learn to give yourself compliments! 

        We don't need to be a size 0 to be beautiful; I assure you, you are ALL beautiful, so please START acting like it! Beauty comes within. Don't live your life comparing yourselves to others. Be Yourself! People have as much power as you give them. If I was more confident in myself I would've easily avoided this whole mess I'm in right now! I shouldn't have taken no for an answer and I should've been confident with my decisions. 

You should never put your dreams aside. Listening to your heart will make you happy. But unfortunately, we are all easily-influenced and that didn't lead to no good. Doing something I didn't like was very depressing! And depression puts alot of burden on your health. Some people start doing drugs and others start drinking. In my case it actually resulted in a very unhealthy weight gain and I somehow started smoking cigarettes. So my next goal is to become a healthier person again. 
For me to reach a healthy BMI, I only have to lose 30 lbs, and I said 'only' because that 30 lbs was once a 120 lbs. And I prefer using the word BMI because  It measures human body shape based on your mass and height. We all have different shapes and I assure you that most models are not healthy! So I plan to commit on changing my lifestyle. I actually love going to the gym. (I just always feel good after I workout!) My problem is: I always allow people to interrupt my days, and then I can't find time to workout. 
So this year my friends, is not about 'finding' time to workout, it's about MAKING time to workout. And working out is more effective when you are a healthy person, so I think cigarettes should go too!! It's a disgusting habit, and the sooner you quit the easier it will be! 


Just remember that you can do anything you set your mind to. We've all heard the medical reasons to quit it but i think it's an unattractive addiction. Plus it will ruin my teeth, and I love my teeth!! 

And last but not least on my list, is to take more risks! I don't want to let fear control my life, so this year, I wanna do things that scare me:

  • I want to quit my miserable part-time job that I've had since I moved here in fear of not finding another job. 
  • I wanna tell this one person that I've had a crush on him since I was 11. 
  • I wanna go horse-back riding, skydiving, skateboarding... 

(Last year I went skiing for the first time and I loved it!)


P.S., I had a severe back surgery when I was 17, and I have been terrified of many sports I used to play when I was younger. 

I might not be a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer, but I have gone through enough experiences to tell you that all my main goals should be your goals too. We cannot let people tell us how to live our lives any more. We were all put on this earth for a reason so let us start doing what we're meant to do! It's a new year and it's time to start over. You gotta stop thinking about what you're going to do and actually start doing it. It's time to live your life and be who you are. Forget about whatever happened in 2013 and just move on. Take risks and be yourself, you only have one life, and it's time to make the most of it. Make a new year's resolution and this time achieve it no matter what the cost is. I believe in you, do you believe in you? You should.

And you should also share this post with everyone because we all need that little push and I will be more than happy to help guide you along the way. I will be posting YouTube videos along this adventure because I want to show you the obstacles and the struggles we face in life. Subscribe to my channel: www.youtube.com/TheNancyZone 

I'm not perfect and no one is, so let's just be Happy with ourselves!! Just remember that I'm not saying we should just drop everything and ignore everyone! What I'm saying is that we should prioritize our life!


I will not tell you that this is going to be easy, but I do promise it's gonna be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment