Monday, January 27, 2014

They Say it takes 21 Days to Break a Bad Habit


Right now is a great time to quit smoking. Why? 

In as little as 20 minutes you'll start to feel the benefits of not smoking. Less than 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your heart rate will already start to drop back towards normal levels. After two hours without a cigarette, your heart rate and blood pressure will have decreased to near normal levels. Your peripheral circulation may also improve. The tips of your fingers and toes may start to feel warm. Nicotine withdrawal symptoms usually start about two hours after your last cigarette. Early withdrawal symptoms include:intense cravings, anxiety, tension, or frustration, drowsiness or trouble sleeping, increased appetite(...) http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/quit-smoking-timeline#4 

I regret picking up the first cigarette, but it's NEVER TOO LATE to make a change. 

So, on New Year's Eve, I decided to quit smoking. Yes! I am taking control over my life: I finally built up the courage to challenge myself to complete difficult task, and I must admit, I feet very powerful. 
 
Smoking cigarettes is very common in my family that it is no longer seen as a bad habit. I grew up around chain smokers, and I was expected to pick up on it. 

Quitting Smoking is far from easy, but I assure you it is definitely worth it. You will thank yourself in the future. It was extremely hard for me considering I live with chain smokers. I also commute with people who smoke in the car. It's almost as if cigarettes are in every direction I turn. One day I craved a cigarette so bad, until one of my family members actually tried to offer me one. 

How could anyone do this? If they really cared about me they should support me. Don't expect everyone to have the same priorities in life. I didn't "force" anyone else to quit just because I was quitting; I just hope to "inspire" them.

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind…
And I was able to do it! Yes, I did it!
And if I can do, then so can you!! There are far more important things we'd rather focus on in life, so if you've always wanted to make a change, start with the one thing you have been putting off the most.
I have provided you with with my contact information, and I would be more than happy to help guide you through these changes.

After smoking my first cigarette, I told myself I would never get addicted to it.
That was 2 years ago. 

I could no longer stay in denial. Smoking cigarettes is bad for you and for the ones around you. 

(My ultimate wish is to inspire my mom to quit.)

Day 1, your strenght will be tested. Stay Strong! 

Day 2 isn't so bad. 

I doubted myself on Day 3

Day 4 honestly sucked.

Day 5 I hated everyone. 

Day 6 must have been the hardest: Breaking Point. Remain Strong! 

Day 7, I gained a pound.

The first week was challenging. And I was very tempted to smoke on the second week. Whenever something goes wrong, my mind would automatically crave a cigarette break. And trust me, everything went wrong during the second week.
But as hard as it was to stay strong and not give in, I simply felt powerful when I went to bed at night. I couldn't let a cigarette control me. 

And that brings us to Day 21. After completing the challenge, I can honestly say, it felt great! 

Today is Jan 27. I rarely ever think of smoking a cigarette now.
Please understand all the benefits of quitting.    
So far, two powerful 19-year olds have embarked on this journey with me. Whether it's quitting something or succeeding at another thing, don't be afraid to take control. I am here to help you! 

(Still can't convince my mom; it's slowly killing me.)


Why don't you follow me on this journey and see what real challenges we have coming up!  
Thank you for watching my YouTube Videos and thank you for all your support! 

Remember that you can do whatever you set your mind to!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment